NO PLAYERS ALLOWED (WHO PLAYED) PURSHOTTAM SHIELD & DR H.D. KANGA LEAGUE & TIMES SHIELD IN DIVISION A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H & TALIM SHIELD, COMRADE SHIELD & TALYARKHAN SHIELD CRICKET TOURNAMENTS (WHO PLAYED LAST 5 YEARS)
- any parent CURRENTLY playing any level of MCA cricket is not eligible to participate
- any parent having played any level of MCA cricket BEFORE 5 YRS is eligible to play .
Any parent whose child has received the school leaving certificate cannot participate.
The rules for the games will be very simple so that we don't land up complicating things.
Though we will all play for the honour of our schools, we will make sure that we play fair and with true spirit of sportsmanship keeping up with Campion School's moto which is "Gaudium in Veritate" meaning "Joy in Truth".
We will play with the regular BCCI rules. However, in order to ensure that as many parents as possible get to play and to keep the excitement going until the last ball, we have introduced some minor variations which are as below:
Once a batsman makes 50 runs (his personal score), he will compulsorily retire. He can come back again once all other batsmen get out.
- Each bowler can bowl a maximum of 4 overs.
- Between the 17th over and the 20th over, each bowler can bowl only once. (So you will need 4 different bowlers in the last 4 overs.)
Power over rules:
- Power over can be taken by the batting side once between the 17th to 20th over. ( within the last 4 overs only )
- The bowling side can select its bowler. The selected bowler needs to have bowled atleast 2 overs before the 17th over. The bowler bowling the 16th over cannot bowl the 17th over (if 17th is the power over) and so on.
- All runs scored by the batting side will be doubled.
- Every wicket taken in the power over will reduce the batting side score by 8 runs.
* Each team will have 11 players playing. ( You may have substitutes and rotate them to ensure all get to play )
* Players who have played MCA level divisional games will not be allowed to play.
Imagine the excitement in the last 4 overs. The game can turn in any direction during the last 4 overs.