United Sports League
SummaryA tournament where the parents will play for their child's honour.
United Brave Hearts
General Rules for the Tourney
- Each Team will have a Captain decided by the Team and the same will be duly communicated to the organisers.
- Umpire’s decision will be Final and there will be no review of the same. Any arguments with the Umpire, organizers or opposite team etc. on the ground will lead to strict disciplinary action.
- All standard cricketing rules except LBW apply, the decision of applicability of rules shall be at the sole discretion of organisers of the tourney.
- It will be an over arm Match using Headly Cricket Ball.
- Incase of a “Draw” in Semifinal and Finals a “Super Over” will declare the Decision. In case of a “Draw” in a “Super Over” Winner of that match will be decided on higher number of boundaries hit between either of the teams for that match. Six will be considered as a boundary.
- At the start of Match if all players of any specific team are not present, match will commence irrespective with the number of players present and any “late comers” will not be allowed to play that particular match, please excuse the organizers from any queries on this, on the day of the match. Less than 9 players shall be a walk over for the other team.
- All Participants are requested to maintain proper Sports Gear at all times during the matches, sports shoes are a must. All participants’ are requested to wear Black Track pants and not ripped to ensure uniformity within & amongst all teams. The captain shall ensure this is adhered to, else will be forced to played without such players.
- Team Captains are responsible to hand the Gears and Equipment’s provided by organizers or representatives after each Match. When any common equipment is used the same will be done only after making an entry in the register kept, by the respective captain or vice-captain.
- First Aid will be available at the Ground.
- Players can use their own Kits as far it’s a tennis Ball Playing Kit.
- Team composition to be given at the time of toss, by the respective captains to the umpires.
- The decision of the organizers will be final and binding in all respects for all participants.
- In case of injury of any participant the organizers will take a call on case to case basis for replacement of the said player on merits.
- Use of foul language, rude gestures or actions, any kind of swearing on ground by the participants or their supporters, showing displeasure for any decision of the Umpire or that of the organizers by words or action, any kind of swearing by respective supporters in a way which would distract or disturb the players or any other kind of indiscipline shall strictly not be tolerated and lead an immediate disqualification of the participant or team as the case may be and/or all results reversed.
- All participants need to submit, through their respective captains, a fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner without which the player will not be allowed to participate. If the same isn’t submitted it will be deemed that the player is fit to play and absolves organizers & other volunteers managing the cricket tourney from any responsibility directly or remotely associated with the tournament. Further more all players specifically keep the organizers and others indemnified for any claims and agree that their participation in the tournament and actions are voluntary and at their free will. Only the captain should make any request or communicate with the Umpires or to the managing team should there be any query.
- All additional communication and changes if any will be communicated through the captains to the rest of the team.
- Only 1 of the first 3 batsmen can be a bowler rest have to be only batsmen.
- In case of a tie in points or otherwise the organizers will decide on the appropriate methodology to declare the winner.
- If the overs aren’t bowled in time, the bowling team will get a penalty of 6 runs and/or reduction in the number of overs that they will get to bat. Therefore, it is the captain’s prerogative to ensure a uniform over delivery rate within the given timeframe, the only except being, stoppage of play due to injury or otherwise.
- If the opposite team brings to the notice of the managing team or the Umpires, that the bowler is the second batman bowling, since 1 is allowed, before the 4th delivery is done, the entire over will have to be repeated and the gains made still added to the batting team. If the batsman is out he will be declared not out.
- Runners will not be allowed for batsman who plays with prior or mocked injuries. If there is any incidence of injury which is brought to the notice of or noticed by any organizer, the player will be debarred for all further matches, for all other cases decision will be taken on case to case basis and will be applicable for all teams.
- Free hit applicable on all no balls. The only way the batsman can be declared out during a free hit will be as per cricketing rules for free hit.
- Maximum of 2 bouncers allowed in one over, if the third bouncer is bowled the bowler will not be allowed to bowl any further and the entire over will be re-bowled by another bowler and gains credited to the batting team.
- Net Run Rate and Points shall be reset for every new round.
- If the ball is hit outside the ground on the leg or off side for the first time the team will be given negative 2 runs and if the ball is hit out for the second time, the player will be declared out. If the ball hits the pole or any part of the turf and goes out of the playing area from above the nets it shall be considered as 1st warning or out as the case may be.
- If the ball hits the side pole and goes out it will be considered as if the ball hasn’t hit the pole and gone out directly and if it comes back the ball will be considered in play.
- There will be 2 USL Gold Box on the net and if the ball hits directly between the box or the sides thereof the player will be awarded 4 runs for the same.
- Only 2 players shall be allowed behind the demarked line near the boundary for the 1st over in each zone , after 1st over max 3 players shall be allowed behind the demarked line , max 2 players shall be allowed between the demarked line and bowling side stump.
- If the ball hits the over head rope the ball shall be declared dead.
- If the ball goes in the drainage ducts and remains in the net area , the ball is in play , if the ball goes outside the net from the drainage ducts then 1 run shall be declared and the strike shall change.
Rules and Regulations.
Tournament will commence from Saturday February 20th 2021 & the finals shall be played on Sunday 28th February 2021.
While the entire team is invited to be a part of the opening ceremony, a minimum of 7 team members from each team will report to the ground on February 20th, 2021 at 7:30 am and the gates will close at 7:45 am sharp for the ceremony. It may be duly noted that any team that does not have the minimum number of stipulated players, who have reported on this day shall be given negative 4 runs in the league matches.
Venue For Matches:
Matches shall be played on CHITRAKOOT Ground, Andheri (West).
During match days:
All confirmed Participants are requested to report at least 1 Hour Prior to Matches. On all day’s participants playing the first morning session matches are requested to report to the Ground by 7:00 am.
Incase if any match finishes earlier, then the subsequent match will only get 10 mins. of prep time including toss.
The season comprises of 3 stages i.e., leagues, qualifier, knockouts leading to semis, eliminator and finals and briefly the rules are as follows.
- Each Team will be comprised of 12 Players of which 11 Players will be allowed to field and 12 to bat.
- There will be a total of 3 groups and each group will have 3 teams.
- Each inning will be of 10 overs so in all the match will comprise of 20 overs.
- After 5 overs there will be a compulsory swap of minimum 1 fielder, provided that player is there on field at the start of the match else it will be considered the team is playing with short players.
- Each bowler can bowl a maximum of 2 overs and minimum of 6 bowlers will have to bowl. 4 bowlers will bowl 2 overs each and 2 bowlers will bowl 1 over each.
- There will be 1 SUPER BALL in every over, 3rd legal delivery of the over shall be considered a super ball, runs scored on that ball shall be doubled.
- There will be negative 3 runs for every wicket that falls in the Super ball and such negative runs will be calculated after doubling the score.
Super Ball e.g,:
- If the third ball is a wide or a no ball then the scores shall not be doubled, however the super ball shall continue until the next legal delivery is bowled.
- In case the super ball is a free hit the runs scored shall be doubled and the wickets shall be considered as per cricketing rules for a free hit.
- If the ball goes outside the turf in a super ball than only negative 2 runs shall be given , it shall not be doubled.
- The game shall be divided in 2 zones of 5 overs each for batting side, each team shall divide their players equally in 2 zones. The captains shall submit the name of their players zone wise before the toss to the respective opposite captains and umpires, no shuffling of players shall be allowed after the toss. Any player found playing in a different zone and pointed out by other team or umpire or organizers shall be declared out and runs scored by him shall be nullified however the balls bowled shall be counted.
- Only 1 of the first 3 batsmen can be a bowler, the rest have to be plain batsmen for both the zones.
- For every match won the team will be rewarded 2 point and for every match which is a draw the teams will be rewarded 1 point each for the league & qualifier round.
After the league matches 1 topper from each group shall qualify for the knockout round and they shall be ranked 1 to 3 based on their NRR and in case of a tie a super-over to be played between the respective teams , and the other 6 teams shall be ranked between 4 to 9 and will play the qualifier rounds.
The 6 teams in the qualifier group shall play 3 matches each and the top 3 teams of this round shall move to the knockout round.
The 6 teams in the knock-out round shall play matches as per schedule shared and 4 winning teams shall qualify for the semis and eliminator stage as the case may be.
Semis & Eliminator:
4 teams from the qualifier round will play the semi-final matches as per the schedule and the losing team of the first match will play with the winning team of the second match for the eliminator and the winner thereof will play with the winner of the first match for the finals.
- A player shall retire after making 15 runs and shall be eligible to come back after fall of 3 wickets in the same zone. Only 1 player scoring 15 runs in zone A shall be considered as a trump player and will be allowed to bat in zone B after fall of 3 wickets of players who are part of zone B. Retiring player shall not be considered as a wicket. Few points which shall apply as part of the zoning game:
# If the bowling team succeeds to get all wickets before the end of 5 overs rest of the balls remaining in Zone A will lapse and the Zone B will commence.
# If in Zone A there are few players who haven’t batted at all then they will qualify to come first in Zone B once all the wickets of players who are part of Zone B have fallen and once they lose their wickets all those players who are not out in Zone A will qualify to bat thereafter.
# Furthermore if any bowler takes 3 wickets in any single over then he shall be qualified to bowl 1 additional over provided the captain ensures that at least 5 bowlers have bowled by the end of their innings.
# In case a player retires after making 15 runs and if all the wickets fall before completion of the zone then the player making 15 runs has a choice to play in the same zone or become a trump player and play in the next zone.
- Players are requested to be on time for the matches as the schedule given is only tentative and subject to change based on the completion pattern of the earlier matches. The match will not be delayed for any reason and the subsequent matches will start within 10 minutes of completion of the earlier match or as per schedule given.